Thursday, February 3, 2011

Drop Box

I learned about DropBox from one of the attendees at the Southwest Seminar in October.   DropBox is an online storage site that lets you sync your files so you can get to them from any computer.  This means that you are able to get to your documents without mailing them to yourself or carrying a USB memory stick.  The video below gives you some general information about DropBox.  If you want more details, you can go to the website or additional YouTube videos.



DropBox gives you 2 GB of storage space, but you can add more storage, either by purchasing storage or by referring others.  Dropbox allows you to have a public folder, which can be shared with others.  Those looking at your public folder do not have to have a DropBox account.  Students can use a DropBox account to collaborate on assignments.

Although I've just started using DropBox, I think it will be a great benefit.  Every once in awhile, I forget my USB memory stick, so now I won't be lost without my files again!  It will also be useful to have access to my files both at home and at work.  I think DropBox will become one of your favorites.

 Note:  I can't find the name of the person who suggested this site, so if it's you, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment